Saturday, July 18, 2009

A FAREWELL TO AMERICA

I.
Adieu, New-England's smiling meads,
Adieu, the flow'ry plain:
I leave thine op'ning charms, O spring,
And tempt the roaring main.
...

Phillis Wheatley

Well my friends, the term is finally over, hence you can definitely say Farewell to American Literature, though some of you should say it temporally. The term was intense, and I know at times tiresome, however I like to think that not only have you widened your knowledge about American Culture, but your vision about life in general terms has also broadened. Independently of the final results, I know that for you, reading has become a more meaningful experience, it must be so, otherwise, whatever we did in class, was a waste of time.
Enjoy your vacations, get ready for next term and as Prof. Durán would say, DO READ

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much Prof. for all your support and patient :) I must say that I really enjoyed this course and I hope to have the same impression about the following hehe. We'll miss you...

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete